Yeah, I was mocking that guy earlier on this thread. "Major Div", that's priceless.
--------------------------
I hate hippies.
Printable View
Yeah, I was mocking that guy earlier on this thread. "Major Div", that's priceless.
--------------------------
I hate hippies.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nigel - Any sign of this guy at all, or is he really gone for good?Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
Holy Shit!!!!
I think he is gone!!!!
All his stuff is gone.
Good Luck
No....He is gone. As in Gone-gone.
I don't know why he bailed. My girlfriend went to see a movie there the other night and I told her to ask but she forgot.
My block can be plagued with Crackheads at night(It really is a nice part of town I swear). He may have gotten sick of dealing with them. About an hour after dark they seem to just appear--The alley behind that theatre is one of their favorites.
Good Luck
That's a little rude, isn't it? He got us all emotionally involved in his spiritual journey, and then he just scampers off in the middle of the night. Unless there was some sort of medical emergency, the least he could do is post a message on his site indicating that he found a new purpose in life, or that he will continue to wait in line from the comfort of his own living room. I mean... tell us something! Leaving a story half-untold is just... rude.
I think Kev chased him off with his threats.
Good Luck
Quitter. If he really has given up after 25 days he's the biggest loser ever.
-------------------------
Nice commitment to the cause Mr. "Biggest Star Wars Fan In The World".
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">When I look back on this in 10 years (highly unlikely), I'd like to be the one to tell the story of how I managed to persuade this guy that he is being a sad twat and to stop his silly little geek attention seeking stunt and fuck off back under the rock he crawled from.Quote:
Someone fantastic and funny is happening in our midst, and when we look back to tell the story ten years from now, do we want to be one of those ants who lacked vision and mocked him, or one of his fellow crickets who played the violin all winter with him, just out of the sheer joy of myth and fantasy?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Do you really need to wait for clearance to insult this guy? C'mon, hack away! The rest of us are.Quote:
Originally posted by sn-films:
Anyway, I really wish he'd just post one more entry to let us know what happened so I know whether or not I can make fun of him.
Seriously though. Jeff Twieten claims to have spent over 300 days of his life continuously watching Star Wars movies. If anything bad happens to him now, it's his own fault.
-------------------------
Idiot.
I think it is really stupid to make a big dea out of starting something and then never finishing...
"I am going to swim to England."
"Will anyone pick me up somewhere in the mid Atlantic??"
The guy is a flake and if he never thought he could finish then why even start??
I wrote him an email that was very cordial and he never wrote back telling me why he stopped waiting.
Good Luck
Ouch. Now let's be fair... any number of things could have happened.
1) He may have had a medical emergency.
2) He may have been molested by the crackheads in Nigel's neighborhood (no offense, Nigel)
3) He may have been arrested for vagrancy, loitering, etc.
4) His friends and family may have stopped bringing him food.
5) Local businesses may have denied him bathroom priveleges.
6) He may have been recalled by the Jedi Council.
7) He may have had an epiphany on one of those cold nights wherein he realized how asinine this whole pursuit was.
Anyway, I really wish he'd just post one more entry to let us know what happened so I know whether or not I can make fun of him.
The saga continues...
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/paynte...paynter26.html
And then there's the following announcement on his site...
Sunday, January 30, 2005
I've moved...
Some of you who have been following the news (Seattle P-I, Q13 Fox News) know that I've moved to a new venue - the IMAX theatre at Seattle Center. Simply put, this is a MUCH better situation for me, and a better theatre to boot. Don't get me wrong, I love the Cinerama, but the IMAX format takes it to 11.
LIE!!!! It is because he was getting molested by Crack-Heads. Well, I still only live 6-7 blocks from his new location....So I am still up for pushing him out of the way as the ticket booth opens.
Good Luck
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Do it. Huh, do it.Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
LIE!!!! It is because he was getting molested by Crack-Heads. Well, I still only live 6-7 blocks from his new location....So I am still up for pushing him out of the way as the ticket booth opens.
Good Luck
-------------------------
Starsky and Hutch.
I walked by the theatre where he is supposed to be and I couldn't find him....
It seems that he has either stopped waiting or got killed.
Good Luck
The plot sickens on this one:
Colonel Crackpot is now, apparently, waiting at the IMAX cinema because:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">According to his website.Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I love the Cinerama, but the IMAX format takes it to 11.
Not really sure how being outside the theatre "enhances" the experience? But then I don't have a mental disorder like this fuck.
But, get this! The cinema he is waiting outside is not guaranteed to show the film on opening day.
As an aside, I found out something interesting. For whatever reason, Episode III of this flogged to death, half-arsed, lame, childish, boring-as-knack, sextology, is opening a day early in France, Belgium, Switzerland (French only, German on the 19th) and Uruguay. So if Major Mental-Disorder really was the fan he says that he is, he'd be in one of those countries waiting not laying around in the street in his home town like the failure at life that he is.
Congratulations Jeff Tweiten, you made my list!
201. Jeff Tweiten.
I'm gonna go to my house in France, watch the movie then go find Lieutenant Lost-at-life and tell him the whole story verbatim.
-------------------------
That'll show him.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 11, 2005 07:31 AM: Message edited by: jb. ]</font>
So the guy sent me an email...
He said that he left the Cinerama not because of Crackheads but because of Cops. Which seems really strange. He also said that he is at the IMAX but I didn't see him there the other night when I was walking by.
It all seems very strange. Total Dork.
Good Luck
So what is the plan boys and girls?? Are we going to hit him with our light-sabres or what??
Good Luck
Why are you talking about him?
There is a new pope! Of 75! And he's german!
Hmmmm...I love that "New Pope" smell.
Anyway. I can't decide who to smackdown first. So why don't we all meet up, get drunk, and attack them both with Wiffle bats?
---------------------
I could have been the Pope. The right bar, the right woman...no wait...that's poor.
Guys dont you think we should respect the poor little capitalist star wars nerd, i mean its hard to grow bed sores outa yur ass from sitting on your couch for a month while fighting off cops, crack heads, and filmakers who mock him, all in a quest to be the first to see a childrens movie...which u can already watch on the net or in a foreign country. so comon its a hard life guys... oh wait its just stupid. i got 30 canadian for anyone who plays a wiliam shatner album next to him on permanent repeate.
Wait a minute... I'm confused. I just read his latest blog and it looks like he's BACK at the first theater?! Am I reading that right, or is the Cinerama the name of the IMAX theater?
Honestly, I think he's more of an urban-camping enthusiast than a Star Wars fanboy.
about the film opening early in those places...its opening a day early here, in our shit hole of a town, with a crap shoot of a theater....